Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Skyrim Sweet Rolls?



Update: Here's the recipe and process. 
The stuff right below is just a teaser.

You may have heard about the game called The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. At the very least you have heard some annoying memes (I can guarantee we who play Skyrim have not contributed to this).

Well Skyrim is a fantastic game. It's mindblowing actually. The graphic and gameplay is perfect, the storylines are intriguing and the size of the world, the way the world feels like it's co-existing with you - it's not just a place where you are.


I never expected a lot, because I didn't like the previous Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion. So even though the reviews were very good, it still came as a shock that I liked the game that much.

Well, for all the great stuff in the game, what I want to mention is a very small detail in the world of Skyrim. The Sweet Roll.
These cakes(?) are found all over the world, and they look tasty. They even restore lost health, which is the second most obvious effect of a cake. The first being that it's delicious.

The thing is that I have no idea what the Sweet Roll is. I see people elsewhere on the Internet making their effort to recreate these delicious things, with varying degree of success. Could be a s simple cake made in a cone-shaped pan. But as the name sounds, it could just as well be an actual roll of some sort. Which would explain the hole.

Even though I'm a bit late to the party now that Skyrim has been out for a couple of months, I'll give it a go myself. I have an idea of how to make it simple and good. And I will share the process and many pictures. But for today, I will simply tease you with a picture I took (along with what could possibly be a recipe for Sweet Rolls).

No comments: